Bulgaria Ski Holidays
Bulgaria is situated in southern Europe towards the eastern side. Though only 30% of Bulgaria is mountainous, it is a good choice for skiers in Europe as well as other parts of the world. Great packages are offered catering to a variety of customers. The ski areas are not so big but the government is working on increasing them. However, the rates are economical, which makes it a favorite and frequently visited spot for many skiers. It has been specially set up for beginners so it is a great option for them. Ski areas in Bulgaria are equipped with modern resorts and good ski schools. There are extra facilities for snowboarding, sleigh rides and bumboarding.
Bulgaria is very popular among novice skiers. It should be the chosen resort for a first timer to skiing and snowboarding. The deals are cheap. The facilities are good and the schools, which should be the top most priority, are excellent. All the instructors and coachmen speak English fairly well. This attracts many international students as well.
The famous resorts in Bulgaria are Bansko, Borovets and Pamporovo. All three resorts are perfect for beginners and intermediates. Schools for training new learners are a part of each. The difficulty of slopes ranges from easy to hard. There are numerous hotels and apartments with exciting packages and last minute deals. Some are even rated as four stars but the prices are much lower than the standard.
Borovets is the biggest ski resort in the country. It has been built on the Rila Mountains at a height of 1300 meters. The resort entertains not only beginners, but the expert skiers as well, through plenty of challenging slopes for them. It has an award winning skiing and snowboarding school. Pamporovo is situated at the foot of Mount Snezhanka at a height of 1600 meters amidst huge pine forests. The mountains surrounding the areas serve as perfect slopes for all enthusiastic skiers.
There is a lot of sunshine which feels nice on the skin in the otherwise cold weather. In fact, it is considered the sunniest ski resort in Bulgaria by many. Bansko has been constructed in the Pirin Mountains at a low height of 950 meters. The resort has quality accommodation with state of the art facilities and great services. The slopes are wide and lined with trees. The lift systems are among the best in the world.
Prices at Borovets start from £351. A return ticket to the resort costs £33 and a meal costs around £11. The lowest priced deal for Pamporovo is at £276. The food is available at reasonable prices. A return ticket costs £91. The Bansko deals start at $150 and a return ticket to the area costs £73. The average food cost is £11, but fast food is available at a much lower rate. All prices are per person and for a stay of seven days.
• Great value skiing
• Suitable for families
• Slopes for all – beginners, average and experts
• Award winning schools
• The currency used in the country is Bulgarian Lev. 1 BGN is approximately equal to 0.60USD and 0.40GBP. Avoid using credit and debit cards because taxes are very high.
• The local restaurants offer Bulgarian cuisines. The menu usually consists of vegetables, meat, and yogurt. The quality is not comparable to other cuisines but prices are cheap.
• The drinks available are wine, beers, distilled liquor and beverages. Local wines are the best because of their wonderful taste and cheap rates.
• The après ski has many clubs and bars with live music at most of the resorts.
• The official language is Bulgarian. The common foreign languages are Russian, English and German.