Cardiff, the capital of Wales, is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. The city was ranked as the 6th alternative tourist destination by National Geographic magazine in 2011. As of 2012, Cardiff is visited by over 18 million travelers each year.
The city is largely visited by tourists seeking to explore Cardiff’s history and notorious Welsh culture. Cardiff is often referred to as the “City of Castles” because the city has been built around 5 different castles. The largest number of tourists flock the city during the summer due to the large number of festivals and events that Cardiff hosts. The city is also immensely popular for its fine dining and drinking outlets. It is becoming increasingly popular due the huge pedestrian zones in the city. Also, it is noteworthy that Cardiff is one of the ten largest shopping destinations in the UK.
Cardiff has been and is constantly increasing the numbers of hotels and accommodation in the city in order to cater to the increasing number of tourists that visit the city each year. One may find several options in hotels, boutiques, luxury apartments, and guesthouses that cater to different types of budgets.
The following hotels have been deemed as the best value for money spent. All of them have received fantastic reviews from previous guests and are definitely some of the best that Cardiff has to offer.
• Ibis Cardiff Gate is one of the cheapest but most highly ranked hotels in Cardiff. The high ranking is primarily based on comfort, spaciousness of rooms, and customer service. The Ibis is located approximately 7 miles from Cardiff’s city center. The Ibis is best for those that are looking for great bargain options because the hotel offers rooms with poor views and the ones on the lower floors at lower rates. Rates, exclusive of breakfast, start from £24 per night.
• Copthorne Hotel Cardiff Caerdydd is an extremely affordable 4 star hotel located in Cardiff’s retail district. The hotel overlooks a peaceful and serene lake. The hotel offers large and spacious rooms at discount prices. The décor of the hotel is rather conventional and there’s nothing too extravagant about the hotel. However, they offer the best prices out of all the hotels in their star rating. All inclusive rates start from as low as £47 per night.
• Lincoln House Private Hotel is a small but highly praised hotel. The Lincoln House is located near the city center and there is a beautiful park that provides excellent view for its guests. The rooms offered in the hotel are comfortable and moderate in size. But, the real defining aspect of the hotel is that it offers the most personalized customer service. The management believes that the hotel’s limited capacity is a plus for the hotel because it allows their staff to focus on providing the best possible experience to their guests. All inclusive rates start from £66 per night.
5 star hotels
Cardiff also has some excellent 5 star hotels that provide all the luxury and comfort one may expect in a consistent manner. The following hotels listed below have discount and bargain deals available online.
• The St David’s Hotel & Spa is an iconic hotel set on the shore of the Cardiff Bay. This renowned 5 star hotel features stylish bedrooms, a fine restaurant, and a luxury spa. The St. David’s is one of Cardiff’s most highly rated and recommended hotels. The hotel offers a pro-family environment, however the swimming pool is restricted to children during certain hours. Rooms start from all inclusive rates of £115 per night.
• Hilton Cardiff is set in a beautiful building that is located in the heart of Cardiff. Located in the city center, Cardiff has strategic advantages such as easy access to public transportation and proximity to tourist destinations. The rooms offered in the Hilton are large and comfortable. The most popular rooms in the Hilton are the ones that feature views of the Cardiff Castle. All inclusive rates for this hotel start from £100 per night.