Cambridge, located in the county of Cambridgeshire, is the most popular university city in England. There city is world renowned for the educational, science, and technological institutions that are located in Cambridge. These institutions are responsible for gathering some of the brightest and most intellectual minds in the world.
Cambridge attracts thousands of tourists every year. The city is mostly visited by prospective students and their families. Large groups of students also visit each year to experience the lifestyle and enjoy the nightlife that college students in Cambridge enjoy. Also, in recent years the Silicon Fen has also contributed to attract thousands of business visitors.
Hotels in Cambridge are generally pricy. There are a few deals, offers, and discounts that are available during off season. Also, beware that hotels charge a premium during graduation season, freshman orientation week, and during parent’s weekends. But, one may still get a great bargain after research online.
The following hotels are some of the most affordable hotels in Cambridge. They maintain a certain level of luxury and none of the following are modest by any means. Updated rates, discounts, and deals are all available online along with reservation information.
• The Waterman is a modest yet cozy hotel. Located right off the River Cam, the Waterman is half a mile away from the historical center of Cambridge. The Waterman offers small and comfortable rooms. The hotel has a great on-site restaurant that offers a range of international cuisine. The Waterman has been rated as the best cheapest hotel in Cambridge and is a great bargain for those maintaining a budget. All inclusive rates start from £55 per night.
• Premier Inn Cambridge is a comfortable and affordable hotel. The Premier Inn maintains the same level of excellence that the chain of hotels is famous for. The hotel is located approximately a mile away from the historical center of Cambridge. The Premier Inn has elegant yet simplistic rooms that are decent in size. The all inclusive rates begin from £70 per night.
• Holiday Inn Express Cambridge is a simplistic yet comfortable hotel. The Holiday Inn Express is a great hotel for those stopping in Cambridge for a night or just staying for a conference. The hotels minimalistic approach is not family oriented. However, the Holiday Inn Express has excellent ratings and reviews online from individuals that felt that they enjoyed the best deals in Cambridge. All inclusive rates start from £60 per night.
Cambridge isn’t a tourism oriented city so there aren’t too many options when it comes to hotels. Subsequently, there aren’t very many extravagant 5 star hotels. However, the following hotels have been identified as the most luxurious hotels in Cambridge. They all maintain top quality in their rooms, service, and quality. The three hotels described below are undoubtedly the best in Cambridge.
• The Varsity Hotel & Spa is one of the most luxury hotels in Cambridge. The hotel is located in central Cambridge and is near the edge of the River Cam. The Varsity is a unique hotel because every one of the rooms in the hotel is named after a different college in the area. The Varsity has rooms that are spacious, modern, and equipped with all the technologies that one may expect from a 5 star hotel. There are a couple of fantastic on-site restaurants and the hotel also has an extremely popular rooftop bar. Rooms start from all inclusive rates of £135 per night.
• Crowne Plaza Hotel Cambridge is a luxurious 4 star hotel that has the most central and strategically advantageous location of all the hotels in Cambridge. The modern hotel has large and comfortable rooms. The Crowne Plaza is home to an on-site restaurant, a bar, and an Irish pub. The Crowne is best for those who will not have access to private transportation, and those that hope to keep the amount of public transportation travel that they engage in to a bare minimum. All inclusive rates start from £105 per night.
• DoubleTree by Hilton Cambridge is one of the most highly recommended hotels in Cambridge. The DoubleTree is situated on the banks of the River Cam. The hotel has an on-site continental restaurant and a bar. The rooms are modern and extremely comfortable. The DoubleTree is best for those that are seeking luxury for a cheap price. DoubleTree is a great bargain and the environment is family oriented.