Bristol, located in South West England, is a city famous for its maritime history. Bristol is filled with tourists during the summer and has been rated as the fourth most popular tourist destination in England.
The city is home to a wide variety of arts, theater, and music. Bristol is also debatably the most cultured city in South West England. There are plenty of tourist attractions and hotels that contribute to Bristol being one of the most pleasing destinations in England.
Although the city lacks extravagance, it has and offers all the facets required to enjoy a memorable vacation. The laidback culture of the city is accommodating towards tourists.
In 2010, Bristol was voted Britain’s most musical city due to the success of local groomed legends such as Massive Attack, Portishead, and Tricky. These artists always attract a large number of tourists to Bristol every time they perform in their beloved hometown.
Bristol has a rich history of being a trading city because of its port. As a result, the city has always been and remains immensely popular as a shopping destination amongst those visiting the fine city.
Often overlooked by tourists, Bristol is a fine city with reasonably priced hotels and tourist attractions. Bristol is one of the cheapest cities to visit in England due to the comparatively low number of tourists that it attracts. As a result, a large number of luxury or modest accommodations are available at discount rates.
The following hotels have been ranked as the best value for money in the Bristol. Needless to say, there are cheaper alternatives available to match a lower budget. Also, one may also find deals, offers, and discounts through travel agents and online.
• Grey House Bed and Breakfast is situated in a pleasant and quiet part of Bristol. The modest yet comfortable hotel used to be a blacksmiths building initially. It has since been remodeled into one of the most highly praised bed and breakfasts in the city. The comfortable rooms are all equipped with Wi-Fi, flat screen TVs, and carpeted floors. All inclusive rates start from a staggering low price of £36 per night.
• YHA Bristol is a modest hotel with historic significance. The YHA is situated next to the famous Arnolfini Gallery and the hotel overlooks the Bristol Harbor. The YHA provides dormitory style accommodations with bunk beds in most rooms. This humble hotel is the cheapest lodging option on the harbor and is most popular amongst those that are not looking to spend too much on accommodation. YHA maintains an excellent level of cleanliness, service, and comfort that make it an ideal location for those on a budget. One may enjoy rooms from as low as £22 per night.
• The Washington is standard and comfortable hotel that is situated in Clifton. The city center is less than a mile away and all major tourist destinations are easily accessible. The rooms have high ceilings, are comfortable, and equipped with standard modern décor. The Washington offers an ideal family environment and is affordable as well. All inclusive rates start from £47 per night.
The following hotels have been highly recommended for the amount of lavishness, luxury, and elegance that they have to offer. Each one of the hotels is considered to be the best that Brighton has to offer.
• The Bristol Hotel is a one of the most highly rated and recommended luxury hotels in Bristol. It overlooks the Floating Harbor and is one of the most prominent buildings in the city. The Bristol makes the most of the culture of the city and its maritime history. The lavish rooms are equipped with all the latest technologies with a modern décor. All inclusive rates start from £80 per night.
• The Radisson Blu Hotel boasts panoramic views of the waterfront and the harbor. The guests enjoy the luxury of being located just a stroll away from numerous cafes, restaurants and bars. The Old Town is also at a walking distance. The hotel is equipped with impeccable rooms and the staff provides the highest level of customer service. The interior décor reflects three separate styles which include chic, fashion, and fresh. All of these come together to make The Radisson an exciting experience for its guests. The all inclusive rates start from £80 per night.
• Novotel Bristol Centre is one of the cheapest luxury hotels in the city of Bristol. The Novotel offers spacious rooms with modern décor. The hotel is conveniently located near the city center, making most tourist attractions easily accessible. All inclusive rooms start from rates as low as £65 per night.