Birmingham, the second largest city in England, is considered to be the best value city to visit in the United Kingdom. Home of the Brummies, Birmingham has evolved into a major international commercial center from its humble medieval market town beginnings.
Often referred by locals as Brum, Birmingham is most well known for its museums, art, parks, religious buildings, shopping malls, theaters, sports, and clubs. A city with large cultural heritage Birmingham was the home to greats like the Beatles, J.R.R. Tolkien, and many more. In 2012, Birmingham hosted several Olympic events.
Although Birmingham is not very picturesque, the city still pools in a large number of tourists every year because of the festivals, tours, and conferences that it hosts every year. The city lost a lot of its historic and cultural monuments during the World Wars, but there are still plenty of impressive attractions that offer rich history, culture, and art.
Cities as large as Birmingham offer loads of options for those looking for lodgings to match different budgets. Birmingham has the cheapest hotels when compared to other cities in the UK. Also, there are a lot of discounts and deals available online in order to promote tourism. One may enjoy a great vacation with the family on a discount provided they find a good deal.
The hotels listed below are modest and not too extravagant. However, they have been rated and reviewed thoroughly to be the best cheapest hotels in Brum. Updated rates and information regarding reservations are available online.
• Etap Hotel Birmingham Airport is one of the cheapest hotels in the city. Located close to NEC and Birmingham, this hotel is popular among those looking to save money and maintaining their budget. The clean, comfortable, and practical rooms start from all inclusive rates as low as £28 per night.
• Ibis Budget Hotel Birmingham Centre is a commodious and functional hotel located in the heart of the city. The hotel provides all standard amenities and has ample parking spaces for those that might rent a car during their visit. The customer service, comfort, and cleanliness of the hotel are highly recommended. All inclusive rates start from £30 per night, which qualifies it as one of the best bargains in downtown Birmingham.
• Clarion Collection Birmingham is an affordable and excellent 4 star hotel. The hotel is located close to central Birmingham, with the local metro and taxi stand within walking distance so most of the city is easily accessible. Most restaurants, bars, and casinos are less than 5 minutes away on foot. The rooms have a modern décor and are tech savvy with features like iPod dock stations. All inclusive rates begin from £40 per night.
Although there is a surplus of 4 star hotels in Birmingham, there are only a couple of 5 star hotels that are worthwhile. The following hotels provide all the luxury that the best have to offer in Birmingham.
• Staying Cool at the Rotunda is a beautiful 5 star hotel with a phenomenal reputation. Commended by the Times as one of the best downtown hotels in the UK, the Rotundas cylindrical building is one of the most formidable and iconic buildings in Birmingham’s skyline. The hotel offers exceptional customer service to their customers in lavish penthouse themed suites.
• Westbourne Lodge is a family operated 5 star lodge that offers unparallel customer service along with high standards of quality and dining. Westbourne offers special rates for their guests that stay for prolonged durations. The Westbourne is located a few minutes from downtown and provides a tranquil environment for its guests.