Barbados, an independent island country in the Caribbean, is a beautiful tropical island located in the North Atlantic Ocean. Due to its prolonged association to its early colonizers and its culture, Barbados is often referred to as Little Britain.
The island is largely popular because of its spectacular sandy beaches, lush gardens, and its resorts. Barbados is visited by over 500,000 travelers every year and is most largely popular with British tourists who make up approximately 35% of the half million people that visit every year.
There are plenty of activities for tourists to enjoy while on their vacation in Barbados. Some activities include: scuba diving, night clubbing, submarine tours, cruises, watching cricket at the Kensington Oval, or you may even enjoy a rum tour and find out first hand why the Caribbean is infamous for its rum.
Even Barbados is a small country; it houses a lot of hotels for a variety of budgets due to the large number of tourism. Most tourists visit the country without making prior reservations and have no problems finding vacant rooms. Barbados’ tropical weather makes it a destination that can be visited anytime of the year.
There some really highly recommended 5 star hotels in Barbados. The following hotels have been reviewed as the best the island offers (rates and deals available online):
• Colony Club Barbados is one of the most elegant “classic luxury” hotels on the island. Located on the west coast, the hotel is most famous for its extravagant rooms with private pool access into meandering lagoon like pools. This perfect island getaway offers all the standard 5 star hotel commodities and a concierge service that assists you and your family plan the ideal vacation.
• The House Barbados is an adult only 5 star that is best for couples looking to enjoy a secluded and private vacation. The House offers the most romantic getaway for you and your significant other. The House is an intimate boutique hotel that even with its excellent reviews is reviewed by more recent reviewers as underrated.
• Fairmont Royal Pavilion, located on the East Coast of Barbados, is a boutique style 5 star resort with ocean view deluxe rooms. Referred to as “The Jewel in the Crown of Barbados,” the Fairmont Royal Pavilion offers world class hospitality, beautiful scenery, and plenty of outdoor activities such as an exclusive golf course, tennis, snorkeling, and more.
There are some really highly reviewed hotels and resorts that offer rooms at excellent rates. The following hotels will allow you to spend a fantastic vacation with your family at rates that would fit your budget (more discounts and actual rates offered online):
• Crystal Cove is one of the most affordable resorts on the island. This all inclusive resort has comfortable rooms with a modern tropical décor. The activities and location make it an ideal vacation sport for every family irrespective of its size and taste because there’s something for everyone at the Crystal Cove.
• The Atlantis Hotel, located on the east coast of Barbados, is a modest ocean facing hotel that provides the cheapest rooms of the hotels highlighted. The rooms are of a modest size but have a Caribbean themed décor that is highly commended.
• Sea-U Guest House is an affordable guest house that has standard studio rooms with minimalistic features. It does have a beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean and a private beach. Conveniently located, the tourist attractions are not far away.
Irrespective of your budget, the Barbados is a beautiful island that is a must see for those that enjoy tropical weather and are fans of clear water beaches.