Bangkok has been one of the most affordable and fascinating traveling locations for tourists for a long time now. Its glamour and appeal has recently lost a bit of attention lately due to some of the actions of its government, but that has not made it any less of a desirable place to visit. There are still a lot of reasons to fall in love with a city like Bangkok.
Situated in central Thailand, Bangkok is also the capital of Thailand. Inhabited by over eleven million people, Bangkok is a city with impressive historic monuments, modern skyscrapers, exciting nightlife, natural canals, and beautiful beach resorts. Bangkok, like the best of tourist locations, offers all the pleasures one may desire. And so, it’s an excellent vacation destination irrespective of whether it’s a group of stage men on the prowl or a family looking to have a safe and fun vacation.
The cost of hotels has always been reasonable in Thailand in order to promote tourism in the country. One may get excellent service and a great room in a 5 star hotel for a low as $100 USD per night, if not cheaper. The following hotels are both 4 and 5 star (reservations and deals available online):
• Sivatel Hotel is a 5 star hotel located in Bangkok’s Ploenchit, Pathumwan district. It offers a beautiful view and extremely luxurious rooms at prices just a little bit higher than 100 USD per night. The hotel is home to 5 different restaurants, bars, a spa, and an infinity rooftop pool. Rooms are equipped with all of the latest technology and the décor has highly praised by previous customers. The hotel is located about 10 miles from the Suvarnabhumi International Airport and a Skytrain station is 5 minutes away on foot.
• Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn is one of the cheapest 5 star hotels in Thailand. Connected to the its own Skytrain station, Eastin Grand is just a few minutes away from all the tourist attractions in downtown Bangkok via Skytrain. The hotel is located about 45 minutes from the Suvarnabhumi International Airport on road. Eastin Grands attraction includes an outdoor swimming pool that faces Bangkok city, 4 different restaurants, and all the services included at most 5 stars including a babysitting service.
• The Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok, located in Silom, is regarded to be on the best value for money hotels in Bangkok. Although the prices are a little steeper than the other two hotels mentioned earlier, The Shangri-La offers luxuries unmatched by the former which justifies the added cost. There are 10 dining options at the Shangri-La including the Chocolate Boutique and Angelini. Shangri-La offers a unique combination of local Thai décor that they have combined with all the latest technological requirements such as Wi-Fi, flat screen TVs, and so forth.
• Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa is one of the best resorts in Thailand. Located by the Chao Phraya River, Anantara Riverside is home to large pools, a renowned spa, and offers private boat rides to the closest Skytrain station. The rooms are lavish in the Anantara Riverside and have a Thai-style décor. Five different types of rooms are offered and prices start at approximately $90 USD all inclusive.
• The Pathumwan Princess Hotel is an award winning 5 star hotel. Located in Siam, the Pathumwan Princess has 5 different restaurants, rooftop tennis courts, swimming pool, health spa, and a fitness center. The rooms have panoramic floor to ceiling windows that offer a spectacular view of the impressive city. The rates start at approximately $120 USD per night all inclusive.
There are probably a hundred or cheaper options in Bangkok, choosing the hotel that matches your expectations is completely dependent on the purpose of your visit and the type of recreational activities that you enjoy.