The Granite City, Aberdeen, is one of the most vibrant Scottish cities. Aberdeen is a city with a lot of history that offers visitors great scenery, mountains, a coast, and ski resorts for those that enjoy the outdoors. Tours of historic Scottish castles and famous whiskey distilleries are enjoyed by both locals and tourists all year round. And, Aberdeen is also home to some of the most prestigious and oldest golf courses in the world. Some of the most notable golf clubs include Royal Aberdeen Golf Club, Murcar Links Golf Club, Castle Stuart Golf Links, and Loch Lomond GC. The golf clubs in Aberdeen have hosted the Scottish Open, Walker Cup, and the Senior British Open among other tournaments.
Aberdeen is the one of the best cities to visit in the United Kingdom if you’re on a budget and looking for a great bargain. The Granite City is located on the North East coast of Scotland and is not overshadowed by a larger metropolitan city so it is often overlooked by tourists. As a result, this modest sized city has created its own culture and offers a more authentic feel of Scotland. Tourists may visit Aberdeen by car, bus, train, plane or ferry.
If you’re on a budget and looking for a good bargain then Aberdeen is the perfect location. Aberdeen offers a mix of hotels, lodges, b&b’s, and guesthouses with great ratings. Some of which have been claimed to be the most highly recommended hotels in the United Kingdom. This diverse variety ensures that you will find the perfect place to match your budget.
Hotels like the Rothie Inn, Newmachar Hotel, and the Braemar Lodge are amongst some of the cheapest places to stay in Aberdeen. All of these hotels offer accommodation at nightly rates of less than 40 pounds per night throughout most of the year (all inclusive). Reservations, availability, and rates are all available online.
• The Rothie Inn is a 19th Century stone built inn, which offers very modest double and twin rooms. However, due to its rich history, the experience that the Inn provides is priceless. That added with the convenience of historic castles and golf courses in the close by proximity makes it a great place to enjoy your vacation.
• The Newmachar Hotel is located at a great location and is one of the best value for money hotels in the city. Situated in between the Castle Trail and the Whiskey Trail, this privately owned and operated hotel offers an unparallel experience of Scottish hospitality and within contemporary surroundings.
• The Braemar Lodge has been around since 1870 and has evolved into what it is today from the Victorian Shooting Lodge that it had set out to be. There are plenty of historic sites in the area and outdoor activities like cycling, hill climbing, horse riding, golf, skiing, deer stalking, shooting, and fishing are available for lodgers to enjoy.
Although, the number of 5 star hotels in the city is limited, The Oakhill Apartments Aberdeen and the Marcliffe at Pitfodels Hotel & Spa are highly recommended and stand toe-to-toe amongst the finest hotels in the United Kingdom.
• The Oakhill Apartments offers all the lavishness that one would expect from a luxury apartment. They offer bedroom apartments with different numbers of rooms, townhouses, and penthouses at premium luxury standards. Located in a Deeside, the Oakhill Apartments provides tenants the opportunity to soak in the rich history in the area and the great outdoors.
• With an 11 acre backyard, the Marcliffe at Pitfodels, is one of the finest and most prestigious 5 star hotels in Scotland. Historic sites, spa, world class cellar, local activities, and fine restaurants make Marcliffe one of the most highly recommended experiences in the UK.
Hotels like Buchan Braes Hotel, Thistle Aberdeen Altens, and Mercure Ardoe House Hotel & Spa are also highly recommended luxury hotels but are a star shy of the 5 star rating.