One of the most popular and best destinations in the world for family holidays is Florida, home to Disney World and a number of luxurious resorts. Whether you’re looking for a family break to Disney World or a golfing tour on the region’s famous greens, Florida is the ideal destination. There’s a wide choice of carriers who offer routes to Florida, from luxury first-class airflights to budget options for family travel flights. Online travel agents give visitors the opportunity to enjoy huge savings on both flights and accommodation, and there are a large number of ways to ensure that your family get the best low cost deals available.
How to get cheap flights to Florida
1. Flexibility is key to getting the best deals on flights to Florida. If you’re able to allow differences in the choices of airport locations, dates, stop overs or carriers then you’re more likely to receive savings on your airflights.
2. For bargains, last minute deals are an excellent option and can provide a huge discount on the usual cost of tickets. This year’s flights are now heavily discounted, and some travel agents also have early booking option for flights and packages for the following year.
3. Choose a flight leaving on a weekday, and try to avoid the school holidays for the best chance of savings on travel flights.
4. Remember that the cheapest flights often have the most stopovers, and if you’re prepared to spend a few hours in a different airport then you could make large savings on your flight tickets.
5. Check if the airline has a policy of discounting for children, or for those who take less luggage, as these discounts can often lead up to hundreds of pounds for a family.
Where to stay in Florida
Florida offers a huge range of choices for accommodation, resorts and flights; with tourists able to tailor their break to meet their individual needs. Many families will not feel that their trip has been complete without a stop in a Disney World resort, and there are a huge number of dedicated hotels, lodges and self-catering apartments which meet every price point. Outside of the themed Disney accommodations there are also specialised golf hotels, quaint motels and family run bed and breakfasts for every taste and budget. Whether you’re planning to stay close to the beaches or explore the ‘real America’ which is off the beaten track, Florida’s diverse accommodation options will delight and intrigue visitors.
Disney World and Universal Studios
Many families come to Florida for the lure of Disney World and Universal Studios Orlando, and these resorts can provide great value for those who book in advance. With many special events and offers running throughout the year, there has never been a better time to visit Florida. Christmas and Halloween are particularly good times to visit Florida, and many families choose to enjoy the Disney processions at this time. Discounted tickets can be bought online from travel agents and directly from Disney.